Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Retribution Paladin tips.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Retribution Paladin tips. Empty
PostSubject: Retribution Paladin tips.   Retribution Paladin tips. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 pm

How to make a high dps/dmg as a Retribution Paladin in PvE.

As I see too many ret palas running around with to high hit rating, socket armor pentration (trinket aswell) and so on makes me do this topic.

First of all.

Hit Rating: 32.8 ratingpoints = 1%. The hit rating cap is 8% (263 ratingpoints). This will make you hit every swing and attack and never miss.

Expertise: Everyone may think wth this is, but acctually this is a very important stat for a ret pala in PvE. Hopefully you always attack the traget from behind, and this stat make you chance to dodge or parry hits decrease markable. To cap this stat you'll need 26 expertise (6.5%, 214 rating). To gain a cap on this stat, you sadly have to decrease some of your other stats, but believe me it's worth it.

Armor Pentration: Now to the BIG subject. Armor pentration is a bad stat for ret palas. It's nothing you want to have on gear, it's nothing you want to socket, it's just bad. Based that over 60% of all our attacks is holy (which ignore armor anyways). Trinkets for a ret pala should be all crit or based on attack power. Armor pentration on weapons and tier gear is nothing you can do about it, it just a fuck up from Blizzard.

Strength: Oh, sweet strength! THIS IS THE MAIN STAT FOR RET PALADINS. This is basic. You gonna socket so much strength you possibly can. You always going to have the stat on gear, assecories etc. This is going to be your best friend if you a ret pala.

Stamina: Useless in PvE.

Agility: Are you kidding me?

Intellect: I see a few people socket Intellect on their gear to gain more mana. HEEEYYY!?!?!?! Wake up ffs, why did they input the Divine Plea ability or the god damn Judgement of Wisdom? SO STOP USING THE JUDGEMENT OF LIGHT WHICH GAIN YOU HP NOT MANA, and start using the Judgement of Wisdom and you'll never go oom. If you still not listening to me, please go buy some mana potions.

Attack Power: You always gonna use strength gems etc. Because of the Divine Strength in the talant tree you gain 2.33 AP from every 1 strength. Though enchant gear with ap is the only choice you have so go for it god dammit.

And now to the big question; "What seal I going to use?".
Well I have the answer right here. In PvE the basic choice is Seal of Corruption. Though I going to tell you a little about it.

Seal of Corruption: From the beginning a first hand choice PvE seal, but became a retail arena first hand choice. Well now we ain't playing on retail so I'm going to tell you when to choose it. On raid bosses this is the choice. Because raid bosses is in general a longer fight ofc, and Corruption deal periodic and overtime dmg, which is perfect for those kind of fights. Using this seal in those scenarios, you will hit over 4.5k dps (with decent gear and a good rotation), and 5k+ with a gearscore above 4.5k. Using this seal in PvP is nothing i recommend.

Seal of Command: This seal is the basic PvP seal. With a high attack power you will have magic bursts! Though in PvE people usually laugh to players who use it. Acctually I wouldn't laugh that much, because with a high attack power, you automaticly gain a pretty good base hit with your swings and attacks. While using Command these attacks will be much bigger and those extra attacks you have chance on with Command you will be able to to around 25k in one single Crusader Strike. That makes Seal of Command the choice for PvP ofc. But I would and I do use this seal for HCs and on raid mobs. In hcs I hit over 5k dps selfbuffed and when I don't slack ofc rofl.

Seal of Wisdom: Yeah right roflmao.......

Seal of Ritheousness: And intressting PvP seal acctually. I've tested this seal in PvP and my conclution is that ur Judgements will crit around 8k, but your melee attacks ain't have a much of a boost. But using this on plate wearers and people with a lot of resilience is a deadly weapon. This seal is nothing for PvE atm.

And now to the case why good geared ret palas can't do dmg like I do!!
First of all the case must be that your rotations either don't exist or just suck balls. C'mon people you can't just hit the ability which is ready, you must use it in the right rotation. Let me demostrate. You begin with a Concecration for the ticking dmg ofc, Judgement of Wisdom for mana you just lost, Crusader Strike (now you dmg start going somewhere), Divine Storm, by that you'll have a instant Exorcism, Judgement, CS, Divine, CS, Judgement. Holy Wrath you can do whenever the cd is gone, Concecration must be on all the time, Divine Plea can you do whenever you have bad mana, though Judgement of Wisdom should be enough to gain mana.
Don't forget to pop your trinkets if needed and Avenging Wrath. I recommend to pop AW and your trinket at the same time. Because my trinket gain me 1000ap and with those extra 1000ap and wings you will deal around 16k crits.

Weapon enchantement: Your choice is either 110ap or Berserking (chance on extra 400ap). Personally I use Berserking just because it proc pretty everytime when the internal cd is done, and it really boost my dmg. If you are under 5k GS I recommend to use 110ap just because you can have a controlled dmg and never relieable to the proc. But if you're me I have that controlled dmg + this insane procs mohahahah.

THIS IS ALL BASED ON LVL 80.

I hope this will help you get a better ret pala player. Your welcome to state questions anytime. - Steug
Back to top Go down
reanne
Immortal
Immortal
reanne

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin tips.   Retribution Paladin tips. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm

This makes me want to play a ret pally......but i already have gear for prot and holy WTF DO I DO........also i have a rotation for tanking but i think i need a better one, if anyone knows of a good one could you post it for me
thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin tips.   Retribution Paladin tips. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:47 pm

What rotation you using right now?
Back to top Go down
reanne
Immortal
Immortal
reanne

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin tips.   Retribution Paladin tips. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Something along the lines Of holy sheild>judgement of light>hammer of ritiousness(I have set bonus)>shield of ritiousness>hammer of wrath>avengers shield

I know it's kind of long but most are eight second cd's or more....I use the taunt when ever it's up but I didn't put it in the rotation because it is not affected by GCD and it is bugged so it always does damage.

Maybe I just don't have a good weapon..... I would post it but I can't get onto wowhead ATM and I can't remember tue name, but it drops off of an uld boss.
Back to top Go down
damagesponge
Chimaerian
Chimaerian

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin tips.   Retribution Paladin tips. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:20 am

You can trust Steug on this. He's a pally that can dps, surprising isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin tips.   Retribution Paladin tips. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 am

:>

Reanne I would fight a target dummy. So first you try your current rotation so you can have a clue how you can improve it. And you really check out the cds, switch position which make your threath better and try build in the taunt in the rotation. Maybe you even can switch position of some attacks in your current rotation to make the rotation faster and then auto generate more threat. It's same with dmg dealing, if the attacks is in a position which time just by a half of a second or something even less, your rotation began to get fast and then u make more dmg (and a protec more threat). It take a while to learn how to time as quick as possible but u get used to it, so spend some time at the target dummies to count on the cds etc it's really worth it. And your a good tank so u can afford to skip the judgement of light sometimes and cast judgement of wisdom to gain mana and then Conce spam all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin tips.   Retribution Paladin tips. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retribution Paladin tips.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lions Den :: Guides Central-
Jump to: