Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PVP Demonology Spec & Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chimaera
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Chimaera

PVP Demonology Spec & Guide Empty
PostSubject: PVP Demonology Spec & Guide   PVP Demonology Spec & Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:37 am

TOPIC NEEDS TO BE UPDATED FOR 3.3 AND SLIGHTLY ADJUSTED ANYWAY BUT THE CORE IS SOLID

PVP Tactics Guide will be added soon -- Please discuss largely different specs in another topic -- PM Me with any updates you feel should be added.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock#xSXNPC2vFibDN,,11599
[SCREENSHOT OF SPEC ALSO AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST]
[SIZE="3"]--------------------------------- ----------------------------------
21 PVP Demonology Spec & Guide Cooltext442354259 PVP Demonology Spec & Guide Cooltext442354351 50
--------------------------------- ----------------------------------[/SIZE]

--Key Abilities--
Corruption - Curse of Agony - Immolate - Incinerate - Soul Fire - Fear - Howl of Terror - Death Coil
Demonic Circle: Summon - Demonic Circle: Teleport - Grand Spellstone - Life Tap - Fel Armor - Soul Link

--Ratings--
ESSENTIAL=You must take it. STILL TESTING=Still testing its practical use. EFFECTIVE=Useful but not essential. EXCHANGEABLE=Can be swapped.

[SIZE="3"]--DEMONOLOGY--[/SIZE]
--Tier 01--
Demonic Embrace 3/3: Stamina, useful for both you and your Felguards survivability and mana management ]ESSENTIAL]
Fel Synergy 2/2: Massive healing for your Felguard from direct damage spells and dots ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 02--
Improved Health Funnel 2/2: Can be swapped for Improved Healthstone if you prefer it ]STILL TESTING]
Demonic Brutality 3/3: Your Felguards Demonic Frenzy effect can stack upto 10 times, so thats 8% increased AP x10 in long battles ]ESSENTIAL]
Fel Vitality 3/3: Stamina, Intellect and Mana, useful for both you and your Felguards survivability and mana management ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 03--
Soul Link 1/1: Combined with Glyph of Soul Link it redirects some of the damage you receive, to your Felguard ]ESSENTIAL]
Demonic Aegis 3/3: Improved Fel Armor which also heals your Felguard and for more than it heals you ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 04--
Unholy Power 5/5: Another damage increase for your Felguard ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 05--
Mana Feed 1/1: Life tap restores a huge amount of your Felguards mana, useful if it goes oom through cleaves ]EFFECTIVE]
Master Conjuror 2/2: Grand Spellstone haste buff goes from 60 to 240 and a nice 1% increased dot damage ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 06--
Master Demonologist 5/5: Increased damage done, reduces damage taken for both you and your Felguard ]ESSENTIAL]
Molten Core 3/3: Longer Immolate duration, your corruption dots help you cast faster Incinerates and more powerful Soul Fires ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 07--
Demonic Resilience 3/3: More damage reduction for your Felguard ]ESSENTIAL]
Demonic Knowledge 3/3: More spellpower gained from your Felguards Stamina and Intellect ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 08--
Demonic Tactics 5/5: 10% Crit strike rating for both you and your Felguard ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 09--
Summon Felguard 1/1: The best demonology pet by a long shot ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 10--
Demonic Pact 5/5: 10% increased spell power and another possible 10% increase from your Felguards crits, and it does proc alot ]ESSENTIAL]

--UNUSED TALENTS--
Demonic Empowerment Personally, i just found that as busy as i am, controlling myself and monitoring the pet, i rarely found time to use this.
Improved Demonic Tactics I just couldnt fit this into the spec in any way, if it had been further up the tree i could of sacrificed something less useful.

[SIZE="3"]--AFFLICTION--[/SIZE]
--Tier 1--
Improved Curse of Agony 2/2: More damage for one of your main dots ]ESSENTIAL]
Improved Corruption 5/5: More corruption damage and more heals for you and your Felguard from Siphon Life ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 2--
Improved Drain Soul 2/2: Can be a useful mana regen, and nice for PVE, but mainly just a talent filler. ]EXCHANGEABLE]
Improved Life Tap 2/2: With all the heals you get, this talent is invaluable and also makes up for not using Glyph of Life Tap ]ESSENTIAL]
Soul Siphon 2/2: Occasionally you will want to drain life after you fear an opponent and this will increase the heals. ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 3--
Improved Fear 2/2: Slows the target after the fear effect ends/breaks. ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 4--
Grim Reach 2/2: Dotting your enemy from further away is amazing, especially when using fear, which also has increased range. ]ESSENTIAL]
Empowered Corruption 3/3: Even more damage and heals from your corruption dots. ]ESSENTIAL]
--Tier 5--
Siphon Life 1/1: Enables heals from corruption dots and even more damage. ]ESSENTIAL]

--Unused Talents--
Suppression The mana saved is negligible IMO and i prefer to get my hit rating from gear, but if you want to pull 2 points out of Improved Drain soul its viable.

IMPORTANT INFO
Felguard: Receives all the same buffs that you receive. and increased heals from all the heals you receive.
Soul Shards: They are essential for Demonic Soulstone, Grand Spellstone, Soul Fire and Ritual of Summoning
Spellpower: Priority stat, boosts your dot damage, direct damage spells and heals.
Hit Rating: 17% spell hit is the cap and well worth getting. Missing with a spell is painful.
Stamina: Useful for both you and your Felguards survivability and mana management.
Haste: Very useful, but undecided on whether it is worth gemming for.
Crit rating: Very useful, but undecided on whether it is worth gemming for.
Spirit: Regardless of Fel Armor, spirit is not worth taking over other spell dps stats.

--Glyphs--
Major Glyph of Soul Link - Glyph of Felguard - Glyph of Siphon Life
Minor Glyph of Drain Soul - Glyph of Unending Breath

--Gems--
RED Runed Cardinal Ruby +23 Spellpower
BLUE Glowing Dreadstone +12 Spellpower and +15 Stamina - Solid Majestic Zircon +30 Stamina
YELLOW Veiled Ametrine +12 Spell Power and +10 Hit Rating - Rigid King"s Amber +20 Hit Rating
BLUE/YELLOW Vivid Eye of Zul +10 Hit rating and +15 Stamina

PVP Demonology Spec & Guide Image1-4
Back to top Go down

PVP Demonology Spec & Guide
Page 1 of 1